Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:51:49 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I’m trying to install gnucash by following the instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail
>
> According to them, it gnucash needs to use xquartz, so that’s what I’m
> using.
>
> However, after a long, long time, the installation stops with the message
> below. Isn’t it possible to install gnucash with xquartz anymore?

​It looks like not all of the variants are getting set appropriately in the
dependencies (either that or some of the dependencies were already
installed without the proper variants).  If I had to guess, I would say
it's probably a subtle error with some of the MacPorts dependency trees.

You can try rebuilding libcanberra with the +x11 variant and then try
gnucash again.  This is the approach I've used in the past when I've gotten
similar errors.  It sometimes takes a bit of prodding (basically doing this
over and over for all unsatisfied dependencies until it works).

All the best,
Jason

--
Jason M. Swails