oxygen-gtk2 port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 5 13:44:20 PDT 2014

On Jun 5, 2014, at 6:49 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've thrown together a Portfile for the oxygen-gtk theme, for now only for the GTk2 variant. I'll do the GTk3 variant after correction of the attached Portfile, as I'm far from an experienced expert on writing those things.
>
> Tested only under 10.6 for now, I have no reason to believe other OS versions would require changes as manual installation on 10.9 was just as straightforward as it was under 10.6 . What I also didn't test was building without all dependencies preinstalled. There's no dependency to KDE that I know of (because none to Qt) but I cannot be sure I got all the others right.
>
> The only thing that doesn't work is out-of-the-box building of a universal variant. This port uses the CMake build process, but when I try to build +universal, port looks for configure, and errors out on that of course.
> So for now I put universal_variant no, but if someone can give me some hints how to enable a universal variant I'd prefer that.
>
> René
>
> <Portfile>

Ports should be submitted by creating a ticket in the issue tracker and attaching the portfile there.

My initial comments are:

If this project does not have a configure script, then it should not be able to get past the configure phase, regardless of whether you're using the universal variant or not.

You say it uses cmake, but there is no dependency on it declared in the portfile. Using the cmake portgroup is usually recommended for cmake-using ports. With luck, that will also automatically make the universal variant work.

master_sites should use the kde fetch group, like other ports that download from kde do.

You have a library dependency declared on pkgconfig, but pkgconfig is usually only used at build time.

The cairo dependency should be written to allow cairo-devel to satisfy it. Consult other ports using cairo for an example of how to do this.

The license should not be in curly brackets.

The lines "distname ${name}-${version}" and "distfiles ${name}-${version}${extract.suffix}" should be removed because they are the default.

Could the post-configure reinplaces be done as normal patchfiles instead? If so, that would be preferred.