Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:14:36 PDT 2014

Em 05/06/2014, à(s) 18:38, David Evans <devans at macports.org> escreveu:

> On 6/5/14 3:12 AM, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

>>> There is an issue here but you are mixing terms:
>>>
>>> Xquartz is the name of the Apple X11 server -- if you want to use this
>>> you should build with +x11
>>>
>>> If you want to NOT use X11 but build a Mac native version you should use
>>> +quartz -x11 for gnucash and all its dependents.
>>>
>>> The issue is the gnome-settings-daemon, yelp, etc are X11 only at this
>>> point so they need to be removed as dependencies for
>>> a +quartz build which is what I think you are looking for.  I think
>>> there are some tickets concerning this open already.
>>>
>>> Will review the situation and see if we can come to a solution.
>>>
>>> Thanks,  Dave
>> Hi David,
>>
>> As you mentioned, what I want really is the non-x11, native version. So, I modified the /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf as described in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail to include the lines:
>>
>> +no_static
>> +no_x11
>> -x11
>> +quartz
>>
>> Shouldn’t that already direct gnucash build to use +quartz -x11? Or do I need to explicitly add those to the port install command?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gustavo Seabra
>>

> It will make sure that all ports that have +x11 +quartz variants will
> build as requested.    This is the preferred approach if you don't want to
> install any X11 ports at all which is a good idea if you're interested
> in quartz.  Mixing x11 ports with quartz ones will result in problems if
> they have any common dependencies that only support one variant or the
> other.
>
> In the case of gnucash,  it automatically builds either +quartz or +x11
> depending on the version of gtk2 installed so it doesn't have any +x11
> +quartz variants.  To make it build +quartz make sure all of its
> dependents that have +quartz or -x11 variants are built that way.  The
> ones to look for are
>
> gtk2 +quartz
> cairo +quartz
> pango +quartz
> gdk-pixbuf2 -x11
>
> If you see any xorg-* ports being installed you know you are in trouble.
>
> I've just committed a change to gnucash in r120699 that disables the
> dependency on yelp if +quartz is set.  This should get you past the
> libcanberra issue (as far as webkit-gtk anyway) when trying to build
> +quartz.
>
> Dave

Sorry, I haven’t seen this message from you. I wonder if this change will build the native gnucash version… So, I tried to install gnucash now again, hoping that Macports will use this version, but it apparently didn’t work (see below). How can I force MacPorts to use this new version of gnucash?

(And, what would you advise: using the method here, or removing the additions to /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf and rebuilding everything anew?)

Thanks a lot!
Gustavo.

$ sudo port install gnucash +without_hbci +without_quotes
--->  Computing dependencies for gnucash
--->  Dependencies to be installed: yelp gnome-settings-daemon webkit-gtk3 yelp-xsl