z88 Aurora

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:29:53 PDT 2014

On Jun 7, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2014, at 5:10 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> I don't know for certain that the developers used MacPorts, what gave you that impression?
>
> The fact that it installed files into /opt/local.

The installation consists of two compressed files:

gtk4z88.tar.gz
z88aurorav2_en.tar.gz

The first is a GTK+-package needed for execution of Z88Aurora. It contains an /opt/local directory tree, with files in /opt/local/etc and opt/local/lib. I compared the contents of /lib with my macports /lib directory and noticed only these files are missing:

/opt/local/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.0.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libgtkglext-x11-1.0.0.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libpangox-1.0.0.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib

The second file contains the program, which can be launched from the terminal or with an accompanying app. You are instructed to uncompress it in your user directory.

So It looks like he may have used macports to build the GTK+ package for his program. If one were to write a port file for this, could you just check for GTK and all its dependencies and then move the app into the macports applications directory?

There are also some fonts in the /opt/local/etc/fonts directory which are not present in my macports install. I don't know the source of these fonts.

I've emailed the developer and waiting for a response.

Mark