digikam - finds no photos?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 02:32:44 PDT 2014

I've been suitably and pleasantly impressed by digikam on my Linux rig, so I thought I'd give it a try on OS X. I installed the version currently in MacPorts (3.5.0) and after a very quick look retouched the Portfile to see if the current version, 4.0.0, would build "out of the box".
It does, but it turns out that neither version detects any photos in the directories I pointed it to. The directory (album) structure itself is picked up, but the albums remain empty. That's on OS X 10.6.8 .
Also, no kipi plugins are found, but that's maybe to be expected (as in, there are none in MacPorts)?

R.