digikam - finds no photos?

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sat Jun 21 04:43:49 PDT 2014

Hello,

>> It is. See ‘port notes kdelibs4’.
>
> "Notes kdelibs4" doesn't mention kbuildsycoca4 on my end, nor do I see it being invoked in post-install section in the digikam Portfile?

Hello,

"An agent to provide communication between KDE programs must be started.
  To start it run the following command:
   launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macports.kdecache.plist”

As kbuildsycoca4 must be run each time a new KDE port is installed, and this at user level so that Macports can’t do it during a post-install procedure, it was considered that users would not want to have to run it manually each time. The agent is meant to run kbuildsycoca4 after each install in an automatic way.

It may be better to still refer to the command by name in the note, though.

Cheers,

Nicolas