infinality patches

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:43:05 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What libfreetype do X11 applications under MacPorts use, with which
> anti-aliasing settings?
> Supposing it's the freetype port that determines the display quality of
> fonts (and not the one that ships with XQuartz), what are the chances that
> the Infinality patches would provide the same benefits as they do under
> Linux?

freetype is client side, so MacPorts programs will be using MacPorts
freetype. That said, I believe all of those ports are maintained in
lockstep with the standalone XQuartz distribution currently; getting
Infinality added may prove difficult or at least complicated.

(I've actually thought about this a bit, since I use Infinality on Linux.)