registry malformed after a kernel panic interrupted port build

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Jun 26 21:43:30 PDT 2014

Well, I may have fixed things for myself.

With a few tips from this page: [1] I first tried dumping the registry
and restoring to a new database. That got me a valid sqlite database,
but it seemed to be missing some table definitions.

So then I restored that old backup. That seemed to get things working,
but completing my port upgrades yielded several files that were
installed but not owned by a port. I'm assuming these were the ports
that had been upgraded before the database went south. I forced the
activation on those and was able to get everything installed.

So far, things are looking good. Is there a reason that there isn't a
journal for the registry.db? Or is there and I ran into some other
issue?

[1]: http://www.dosomethinghere.com/2013/02/20/fixing-the-sqlite-error-the-database-disk-image-is-malformed/

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448