upgrading MacPorts after updating from 10.6 to 10.9 - missing gnutar?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 1 16:29:33 PST 2014

On Mar 1, 2014, at 06:48, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that I do not myself have any direct requirements on perl versions, shouldn't I just have removed all references to specific perl5 versions/variants, or bumped all +perl5_12 to +perl5_16?

I recommend that.

> If so, can I rectify that WITHOUT having to start everything from scratch?

I’d try “sudo port uninstall installed and name:^p5.12”. If nothing depends on them, that should succeed. If that fails, it’ll tell you what port requires it. You can then investigate whether that port offers variants for newer versions of perl. Since it was only recently that the default perl was changed from 5.12 to 5.16, there are probably still many ports that depend unconditionally on 5.12 and have yet to be updated to 5.16. If you find such ports, please file tickets.