Workaround gnutar for gdbm

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:09:04 PST 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Alejandro Imass <aimass at yabarana.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for both your replies. I will follow the upgrade
> procedure then. I was running a pretty well updated version of Xcode
> and OS X and since my Xcode didn't change I figured it was just a
> minor nuance but apparently it's not. 5 mins after I wrote the email I
> saw the first big gotcha with llvm 3 :(

Everything even remotely related to C++ is completely broken post-upgrade,
because Apple switched C++ runtimes in Mavericks. The only thing you can do
about it is rebuild, and replace some ports with compatible versions. This
kind of thing is why the Migration instructions are so invasive; there just
aren't any shortcuts you can take when Apple decides to change something
that fundamental, and they (of course) don't ask third parties for
permission before doing it. :(