Vim upgrade lost spelling and syntax highlights

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Mar 4 15:08:57 PST 2014

On 04 Mar 2014, at 11:34 , Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:42:32 -0700, LuKreme wrote:
>> Can't open file /opt/local/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim
>> Warning: Cannot find word list "en.utf-8.spl" or “en.ascii.spl"
>
> Do you customize the 'runtimepath' setting in any way in your .vimrc?

No.

The only thing that has anything like a path is

set spellfile=~/.spell.en.add

> This might happen if you remove default system directories. Maybe you
> hardcoded /opt/local/share/vim/vim73/, but now it needs to
> be /opt/local/share/vim/vim74/?

There’s no /opt at all in my .vimrc

>> and none of the spelling or syntax coloring loads. Don’t see anything
>> obvious in the variants.
>>
>> vim @7.4.052 (editors)
>> Variants:             athena, big, breakindent, cscope, gtk1, gtk2,
>> [+]huge, lua, motif, perl, python, python25, python26, python27,
>> python31, python32, python33, ruby, ruby18, ruby19, ruby20, small,
>> tcl, tiny, universal, x11, xim
>
> The port info output does not show what you actually installed.
> Please check 'port installed vim' instead.

 $ port installed vim
  vim @7.3.762_0+huge
  vim @7.3.762_2+huge
  vim @7.4.052_0+huge (active)

> Is there a particular bug fix from a later patch you are looking for?

Nope, I just installed vim on another system and noticed it was at patch 192 is all.

--
Dinosaurs are attacking! Throw a barrel!