Vim upgrade lost spelling and syntax highlights

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Mar 6 08:37:37 PST 2014

On 04 Mar 2014, at 09:42 , LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:

> Can't open file /opt/local/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim
> Warning: Cannot find word list "en.utf-8.spl" or “en.ascii.spl”

Any ideas?

I completely removed vim and reinstalled it

port install vim +huge

still get the same error. Have pared the vimdc file down to just the following:

$ cat .vimrc
"setlocal spell spelllang=en_us
"set spellfile=~/.spell.en.add
"syntax on
set ignorecase smartcase
set tw=72
set encoding=utf-8
setglobal fileencoding=utf-8
set fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,latin1
set incsearch
nnoremap Q gqap
noremap Q gq
set nocompatible
filetype on
filetype plugin indent on
set guifont=Menlo:h14
hi SpellBad term=reverse ctermbg=124 gui=undercurl guisp=Red
set noantialias

I can’t uncomment the top three lines without an error, but it worked fine before.

--
"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -
Thomas Edison