taskgated: no signature

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 21:50:23 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

I am trying to track down a problem in KDE's Palapeli jigsaw puzzle game,
being the current source-code developer.  The problem is that the Macports
installed version of Palapeli runs OK, but my development version crashes
during its startup phase.

I have narrowed the problem down to a point where Palapeli is calling
for a plugin to create one of the standard puzzles which come with
Palapeli, but have not yet been created in my development area.

The plugin is found OK, but then the KDE library reports that it cannot load it.

On the Apple OS X Console log, I am seeing the following message
whenever Palapeli runs and crashes.

    15/03/14 3:01:16.751 PM taskgated: no signature for pid=900 (cannot make code: host has no guest with the requested attributes)

Can anybody tell me what it means?  If it is fatal, what do I need to
do to correct it?  "man taskgated" says it is a security check on
one process starting another, as I understand it.

I googled on 'taskgated no signature' and found some references
from a few years back re "no system signature" involving some /opt/local
programs, but that seemed to be about a different problem.  Also I
looked through the man page on taskgated.  And I found no hit on either
"taskgated" or "no signature" on Macports tickets.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Ian W.