taskgated: no signature

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 04:12:57 PDT 2014

On 16/03/2014, at 7:28 PM, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2014, at 09:00 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, Eric, but I could not find any notes on gdb-apple.  I tried installing
>> it first, but still got:
>
> here on my install I see this:
> ---
> $ port notes gdb-apple
> gdb-apple has the following notes:
>  You will need to make sure /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.taskgated.plist has the '-p'
>  option, e.g.
>              <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>              <array>
>                      <string>/usr/libexec/taskgated</string>
>                      <string>-sp</string>
>              </array>

Thanks, Marko.  Before I go ahead and try it, should that second
last line say "-p", not "sp"?  I am new to plists … :-)

> How come it is not visible on your end? Sure you’re up to date? Have you perhaps a forgotten local port file for gdb-apple active?

No. I have never had anything to do with gdb-apple before.
I did a "port selfupdate" about 14 hours ago. Followed by a
"port upgrade outdated".  After that I tried to find the notes, but
failed.  As I said, I am on Lion.  Eric said he is on Mountain Lion.

Cheers, Ian W.