clang memory usage vs. gcc (and OS X 10.8, 10.9, ...)

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:55:15 PDT 2014

On Mar 16, 2014, at 17:23, Christopher Jones wrote:

> Try -O0 instead of just -O. Not quite the same and the former worked for me…

But that can also make a huge difference on performance ... rather than providing a gmic extension that's unbearably slow, just as well not provide it at all ;)

Anyway, on #calligra someone just claimed he got about 1200MB peak memory usage building gmic.cpp with Apple's clang-3.4 . If someone else can confirm that the issue is rather moot (meaning I can continue to use g++ for just this file on 10.6 ... )