clang memory usage vs. gcc (and OS X 10.8, 10.9, ...)

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 16 10:05:18 PDT 2014

Hi,

> On 16 Mar 2014, at 04:55 pm, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 16, 2014, at 17:23, Christopher Jones wrote:
>>
>> Try -O0 instead of just -O. Not quite the same and the former worked for me…
>
> But that can also make a huge difference on performance ... rather than providing a gmic extension that's unbearably slow, just as well not provide it at all ;)

Well yes, of course. I was thinking as much as a test, to see if its the optimisations that are the issue, as it is for me, than as a solution. In my case i simply could not compile at all without -O0... without it, the memory usage hit around 9GB before being killed by our nightly regression testing framework. If your case is not so bad and you can get by, then fine....