usage numbers for macports vs. homebrew?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Mar 18 15:06:00 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-18 22:09, James Berry wrote:
> For the website, I think the following would help:
>
>  * Updated design, colors, etc.

That has always been the plan, but it just needs someone to do it.
I think the last update on the website design dates back to 2007...

I would even replace the website with the Trac wiki front page
altogether, also getting rid of one of the duplicated installation
instructions on website/wiki/guide. However, some users seem to like the
port search the current website provides (which is broken right now
since the server migration).

>  * More integrated web app with better access to ports, etc.

Which could also be integrated with the upcoming statistics gathering in
the next MacPorts release.

Rainer