usage numbers for macports vs. homebrew?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Mar 18 15:12:11 PDT 2014

On 18 Mar 2014, at 23:06 , Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> also getting rid of one of the duplicated installation instructions on website/wiki/guide.

Well, that’s another big endeavour, because we finally should find a way to condense the information from all three sources + man pages into ONE online-resource.

>> * More integrated web app with better access to ports, etc.
>
> Which could also be integrated with the upcoming statistics gathering in
> the next MacPorts release.

Well, the statistics gathering is something I would also like to see (awaiting the new release impatiently), but it’s a little worrisome, because it has a touch of NSA activity! :-(