MacPorts Statistics (was Re: usage numbers for macports vs. homebrew?)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Mar 19 13:16:58 PDT 2014

Regarding the console spam, we can only avoid it if the user “cleanly" uninstalls MacPorts [1]. Then if the stats cron job is treated or installed as a typical port, the cron job would be uninstalled.

However, if, as suggested, the user just deletes /opt/local/* then we can’t really cleanup anything.

 1 http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling