MacPorts Statistics (was Re: usage numbers for macports vs. homebrew?)

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Mar 19 17:43:11 PDT 2014

At 9:16 PM +0100 3/19/14, Clemens Lang wrote:
>  > Do we have a sample statistics page for a port/all ports?
>
>http://stats.macports.neverpanic.de/

Thanks, that helped a lot.  I like the page layout, very clean.  I
have to say, though that I'm not a big fan of pie (or donut) graphs.
It is much easy to compare magnitudes of a bar as opposed to sections
of a donut.

As a port maintainer, one key thing I'd like to know is the breakdown
of OS versions that my users are running.  The data is available for
that, right?  Just a matter of extracting and presenting it?

One other minor observation:  what is the "GCC Version" supposed to represent?

http://stats.macports.neverpanic.de/os_statistics#gcc_version

If we know the XCode version that the user has installed, we'll
already know the default compilers available on that system.

Craig