kmail cannot send email : reason identified (?)

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sun Mar 23 10:37:17 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am indeed the culprit for this one. However, there is a little bit more to it than the fact that I could not find anything using it (missing kmail, obviously), thus commenting it out.

All kde Portfiles had a conflict between their GPL-2 license and the openssl one, on which they depend. This was preventing the distribution of all ports as binary, forcing users
to build all ports from source, requiring a massive amount of time, and adding several bug tickets due to several issues with specific configurations.
I then started looking into each port, in order to determine if they were really linking with openssl or not. For most of them, they did not, so that it was possible to bypass the
license conflict to enable binary distribution.

Then, for kdepimlibs, the module io-slave links to openssl for what I saw in the past, which was preventing distribution at a rather low level (several ports then depends on
kdepimlibs4). Since I could not find any port using this module, I deactivated it in order to enable binary distribution.

Then, if it breaks other ports, this becomes of course another story, and the fact of commenting out the module does not make much sense. However, I would be keen on
finding a way which does not break binary distribution.

Cheers,

Nicolas