kmail cannot send email : reason identified (?)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:01:16 PDT 2014

On Monday March 24 2014 02:37:17 Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am indeed the culprit for this one. However, there is a little bit more to it than the fact that I could not find anything using it (missing kmail,
> obviously), thus commenting it out.

And sadly, my initial tests don't show that the missing io-slave module is the reason kmail cannot send email. I've yet to reboot though (only sure way I found to restart the KDE environment).

> Then, if it breaks other ports, this becomes of course another story, and the fact of commenting out the module does not make much sense. However, I would be keen on
> finding a way which does not break binary distribution.

How come Linux distributions can provide binary packages for kdepim?

Would it be feasible to isolate the io-slave submodule and distribute it separately? If not, there's always the solution to provide a kdepim variant like ffmpeg+gpl2+nonfree which can only be installed from source?