How do I cause standalone X11 apps to use MacPorts X11?

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Wed Mar 26 10:12:54 PDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 10:07, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

> This might really depend on the application: is it checking for x11 or giving up based on the OS?

The dialog does not come from the application but from the system-provided X11.app (this is observable by Dock/menu bar) which is a nonfunctional stub (this is what my research says).

It sounds like the assumption is that when you install third-party X11 as instructed by the dialog, it will _replace_ the system-provided X11. But MacPorts doesn't replace system files as a rule -- I'm looking for a solution which fits into MacPorts's way of working.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>