Octave 3.8.1 availability

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Mar 26 14:43:05 PDT 2014

Hi Jerry - There is a ticket open discussing reincarnating octave-devel
as the 3.8 release series: < https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41155 >.
I haven't had time to do more than post a patch for folks interested in
trying this change out.  The patch provides 3.8.0-rc1 (along with
patchfiles for that specific release); I haven't had time to update the
patch to 3.8.0 or 3.8.1 ... there might be patch issues and/or build
issues in doing so.  I will hopefully get there before summertime, but I
have a LOT on my queue right now that is higher priority.  As always: If
anybody wants to contract with me to get Octave 3.8 in place, I'm open
to that arrangement.  I'm also open to somebody else doing the work,
posting diffs to the current Portfile and patchfiles, and then I'll test
them and push them if they work.  Otherwise, this will happen sooner or
later, as my time allows.  Sorry for the news. - MLD