Macports basics

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Mar 27 11:31:14 PDT 2014

I personally do not really use the "leaves" functionality that much,
but if you decide that you do want to go that route, there is a
"port_cutleaves" port that you can install (with `sudo port install
port_cutleaves`) that can be helpful for dealing with leaves. It is a
relatively simple script that actually comes from the "contrib" folder
in the MacPorts repo:
https://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/port_cutleaves/port_cutleaves.in