Lost "port" command

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Sat May 3 12:49:32 PDT 2014

On May 03 12:27:18, billc_lists at greenbuilder.com wrote:
> I installed a non-MacPorts package on my server the other day -
> WordPress command line interface (wp-cli) which uses the "wp"
> command.  It's working properly.
>
> But I just went to do my regular updates using MacPorts, and I've
> lost my "port" command.  I'm getting "command not found".

Are you sure this installation did not fuck up your PATH?
Some insane installations do.

> How do I (a) re-establish the port command

It is most probably still there, just not in your PATH.
Can you run /opt/local/bin/port ?

> and (b) keep the wp command?

Install this software into /usr/local (or somewhere)
and set your PATH accordingly. Better yet, create
a proper macport of this software,
then install it via macports.