macports or meld issue?

Gus Heck gus.heck at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:54:52 PDT 2014

I'm having more or less exactly this issue:
https://www.mail-archive.com/meld-list@gnome.org/msg02071.html on OSX
10.9.2...

I had never found need to use any of homebrew/fink/macports but apparently
fink or macports is the recommended way to get meld and I wanted to get
meld... after many many minutes of downloading dependencies (my connection
is 25/25 Business class fiber, so clearly the source locations must be slow
or meld is bigger than TexShop... ) all I got for my effort was
http://pastebin.com/3QptJPsz.

This is definitely a BFE :(. Not impressed with your download speeds. But
is the issue starting meld due to with macports & missing dependency stuff
or is it just that meld is all broken & busted? This occurred with a first
time install of macports 2.2.1 today.

Basically the question is if I uninstall macports and try fink is there any
chance of success?

-Gus

--
http://www.the111shift.com