kmymoney won't load following latest updates

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:44:29 PDT 2014

Hello Ryan and Stan,

On 21/05/2014, at 11:48 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 20, 2014, at 20:37, Stan Sanderson <stansand at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mac 10.9.2,  kmymoney4 @4.6.4_0 (active), MacBook Air
>>
>> I have been using kmymoney4 since the beginning of the year without any problems. port selfupdate and port upgrade outdated was run last night. Now I am unable to open kmymoney4- the message “kmymoney quit unexpectedly.” appears after the splash screen and a blank window.
>>
>> I have come to depend on the application and would appreciate any suggestions as to what to try.
>
> If it unexpectedly quit, there should be a log at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter saying why. That log may help the developers resolve the problem.

That crash does not leave a log, unfortunately.

There is a patch to kdelibs4 @4.12.5 that is somehow causing this.
See ticket https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43767#comment:1

To keep his finances running, Stan should revert to all KDE being at
4.12.4, but I do not know how to do that in MacPorts in any simple way.
Everything in KDE depends on kdelibs4.

Can you suggest something, Ryan?

I know about this because I am in touch with Marko and Nicolas daily,
working on how to fix portability problems with KDE on Apple OS X.
It looks as though we went "a bridge too far".  On our behalf, sorry! :-(

Cheers, Ian W.