Cannot get gimp app running

David Rowe drowe at roden.myzen.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 08:30:41 PDT 2014

I have Gimp2 working just fine under Yosemite, MacPorts v2.3.2 and Xcode
6.1. It was a clean installation - after upgrading to Yosemite, I
trashed my old MacPorts installation and started again to avoid trouble.

One simple point - MacPorts puts the launcher for Gimp in the folder
/Applications/MacPorts - not  directly into /Applications
Did you check in /Applications/MacPorts?

David Rowe