Cannot get gimp app running

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 1 09:35:47 PDT 2014

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014, David Rowe wrote:

> I have Gimp2 working just fine under Yosemite, MacPorts v2.3.2 and Xcode
> 6.1. It was a clean installation - after upgrading to Yosemite, I
> trashed my old MacPorts installation and started again to avoid trouble.

Don't you get start-up messages like this?

| DaveHorsMacBook% gimp
| Error spawning command line `launchctl getenv DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET': Child process killed by signal 11
| Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchctl terminated abnormally without any error message
| Not enough memory
|
| (gimp:2988): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
|
| (gimp:2988): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error

(Zillions of them, as Gimp checks plug-in after plug-in, whilst appearing
to access the Net.)

Not enough memory?  I've got 4GB here!

| DaveHorsMacBook% ulimit
| unlimited

> One simple point - MacPorts puts the launcher for Gimp in the folder
> /Applications/MacPorts - not directly into /Applications Did you check
> in /Applications/MacPorts?

Speaking of launchers, is there an Idiot's Guide to it anywhere?  Apple
appear to have gone out of their way to abolish such fine old institutions
like /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/crontab, /etc/fstab etc...

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)