pykde4

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:30:29 PST 2014

On Monday November 10 2014 17:13:56 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Apple intentionally does not provide a way to tell the linker which version of the framework to use; the intention is that you will link with the latest version. The reason for continuing to provide old versions of a framework is so that older applications that were compiled against the old version of the framework continue to work.

Yeah, I was afraid it was going to be something like that...

> That's fine and good for the OS and for applications distributed as binaries, but it's not how we want to use e.g. the python frameworks

I presume you do know that Python's build system has a provision for appending a suffix to the library name, i.e. creating Python27.framework (which also has the binary Python27 somewhere in it) requires modifying only a single setting. This must have appeared around Python 2.5 or 2.6, before that one had to edit a couple of Makefiles in order to achieve the same effect.

R.