Meld installation problems

Subodh Sharma subodh.v.sharma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 03:46:50 PST 2014

Hi,

I have OS X 10.9.5 and I am trying to install meld through macports.  I am
receiving the following error:

--->  Computing dependencies for meld
--->  Dependencies to be installed: yelp gnome-settings-daemon libgweather
libnotify pulseaudio json-c libsamplerate libsndfile flac orc speex upower
gnome-user-docs itstool webkit-gtk3 gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base libtheora
xorg-libXv xorg-videoproto libsecret mesa xorg-dri2proto xorg-glproto
yelp-xsl
--->  Configuring libgweather
Error: Failed to configure libgweather, consult
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_libgweather/libgweather/work/libgweather-3.14.1/config.log
Error: Failed to install libgweather
Error: Processing of port meld failed

On exploring the config.log as suggested, it seems that clang was unable to
find a file that is generated by autogen.

configure:7593: result: /usr/bin/clang -E
configure:7613: /usr/bin/clang -E -I/opt/local/include conftest.c
configure:7613: $? = 0
configure:7627: /usr/bin/clang -E -I/opt/local/include conftest.c
conftest.c:11:10: fatal error: 'ac_nonexistent.h' file not found

This seems to be a problem due to the version of Clang. Is there any
documented solution as to how to deal with this problem?

The Clang version I am using is:

Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.54) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0
Thread model: posix

Thanks,
Subodh