Fwd: Virtual machines and OS X

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Nov 17 14:14:24 PST 2014

Hi Michael,

On 17 Nov 2014, at 22:59 , Michael Crawford <mdcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall what the actual panic message was, I'll give it a try
> again sometime soon.

this kernel panic is exactly the issue I was running into as well at the time
on my i7-iMac. :-/

> I used to use Parallels quite a bit - I really liked it.

I like it very much (because it allows to make full use of the CPU’s features
as described by René), but I have to add some two more quirk I run into from
time to time:

1) Sometimes a mouse click into the guest window catches some mouse-keyboard
  feature which causes a text selection in an open bash window. Moving the
  mouse around just selects the pointed to text range. There’s no way out of
  it, except by rebooting.

2) Sometimes the I end up in a strange input mode in a bash terminal window,
  which shows a mouse cursor looking like a question mark. I don’t know how
  to escape from that either, thus also rebooting.

What I liked in VB was that I could select multiple snapshots and delete them
all at once, which isn’t possible in Parallels 9. :( I miss that feature, as
I frequently create snapshots.

Greets,
Marko