Moving portions (or all) of /opt without sandboxing issues

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:25:42 PST 2014

On Tuesday November 18 2014 20:50:44 Clemens Lang wrote:

> What kind of sandbox issues are you seeing? In general, it should be possible
> to symlink the whole /opt/local to somewhere else (at least that's what I
> tested the last time I touched the code).

And it works, for me at least. Moving parts outside of ${prefix} is more problematic because it'll probably break port (de)activation.

If you want real flexibility, install ZFS from www.o3x.org and configure datasets to mount wherever you want under /opt/local, using compression if required (but as long as you don't mind excluding those mounts from SpotLight unless that works nowadays) :)

R.