Using Myst Online

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 18 16:11:04 PST 2014

On Nov 18, 2014, at 5:06 PM, Michael wrote:

> Is anyone able to get myst online to work in 10.9 or 10.10?

Yes, after fixing the mystonline-cider port today, it plays fine for me on Yosemite, and should work on earlier versions too.

> I have managed to get the port to install and set up (running 10.9), but after the game connects, downloads patches and updates, UruLive will proceed to give me an error, "Access Violation", and 14 hex numbers of call stack.

Myst Online crashes rather a lot -- randomly at startup, at exit, even during the game. Try again; perhaps it will eventually work after a few tries. I encountered a couple crashes myself today.