gcc49 vs gcc48

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 03:20:52 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > That though does not make what I said incorrect. clang 3.4 fully
> > supports c++11. A statement of fact.
>
> Please don't take my statement about C++11 support out of context.
> Relevant earlier thread: "clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on
> OS X 10.6"

Note that, just as Apple provides the C++ runtime, Apple provides the C++
headers. In both cases, there is a limited ability to substitute others and
you may well break things even more by arbitrarily overriding the system
headers with "fixed" versions --- so no, a MacPorts clang on 10.6 is not
going to override Apple's C++11-deficient headers with its own, since most
people expect it to produce code compatible with Apple-provided libraries.