Which Xcode?

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 05:27:13 PST 2014

Apple has not documented any way to plug in compilers other than those
that come with Xcode.  That doesn't mean that one cannot do so, just
that Apple won't tell you how.

However - while it would be some work - you could write an external
"compiler" that plugs into CodeWarrior.  That would just be a wrapper
around the clang command-line tool, as well as the various
configuration dialogs.

The current FreeScale CodeWarrior only runs on Windows, I think, but
you could write a clang plugin for CodeWarrior 8 or 9.

Am I correct that CodeWarrior Pro 9 for OS X was free as in beer?

I have CodeWarrior Pro 8 for both Windows and Mac.  It's quite nice.
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

   Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.