Requesting advice on how to workaround llvm-gcc42 "unsupported platform" error

Chris M. Balz christopherbalz at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 17:31:49 PST 2014

Your advice worked: After removing a couple more ports as per the console log, all is well and I can now run programs such as Epiphany, etc.

     On Monday, November 24, 2014 1:24 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

 On Nov 24, 2014, at 4:02 PM, Chris M. Balz <christopherbalz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mavericks, I had the gnome-desktop package running; that is the only possible dependency I know of.  How would I keep gnome-desktop (or the equivalent) working, but not be stopped by this error?

I doubt that gnome-desktop actually requires it; perhaps it got sucked in as a build dependency at some point. Just try uninstalling llvm-gcc42 and see whether base complains.

vq