Recent failure of macports

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Wed Nov 26 13:09:31 PST 2014

On Nov 26, 2014, at 4:04 PM, DD <dandunfee at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are error messages to a failure of curl to find various things as though the location it was expecting has changed.  The "gettext" is an example if I try a fresh install of youtubes-dl.

Exactly what errors are you seeing from curl? Were you trying to run `selfupdate` today? Our rsync, distfiles, and packages servers are currently unresponsive.

> With the most recent os10 update has there been some change to the way macports works that might be the source of my problem that appeared with the "tree" update?

No.

> Could I reinstall the snow leopard version and start from scratch as a possible solution?

As I suspect your issues are due to our downtime, reinstalling would be a waste of your time. Just wait until our servers are back up. Nothing bad is going to happen if you can't run `selfupdate` for a few hours.

vq