[KDE/Mac] kdesrc-build

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 06:57:41 PST 2014

On Thursday November 27 2014 07:04:08 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

Hi,

> because "beneath" imlpies some sort of relationship. I would have said

Lol. For me, KDE4/Qt4 is still very much on top ;)

> As far as the other question about kdelibs4 in kf5. kf5 has a
> kdelibs4support framework that makes it somewhat a two step process to port

Ah, that's what caused my confusion. Good to know in any event.
> porting an application from kdelibs4/qt4 to kf5/qt5 isn't trivial, but
> there are scripts in kde-dev-scripts/kf5 folder to help with most of the
> tasks involved.

Can it be compared to porting from Python2 to Python3?

> Another possible reason to use the word "beneath" is that many applications
> that are still using Qt4/kdelibs4 are able to run under plasma 5. I've been

I'm hoping that's the case for all applications that do not depend directly on Plasma 4?

> using plasma5 for about half a year by now with not too many issues on
> linux. I still have kdelibs4 around to run amarok, kmymoney, and a few
> other applications that haven't been ported yet.

KDE PIM is still KDE4/Qt4, no? Haven't been following that really, not only because even on Linux I'm not ready to make the jump, but also because even KDE PIM 4.14 is so buggy that I went back to PIM 4.13.3 ...

R.