2.3.3 build fails on Linux

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Nov 27 07:38:33 PST 2014

Hi,

----- On 27 Nov, 2014, at 12:20, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> Just for giggles (and for easier verification of available ports, portfiles
> etc), I thought I'd install MacPorts on my Linux kick-around netbook too, since
> that's supposed to be possible.

It is possible, and I have this setup running on a Debian server.

> Turns out the build fails because it tries to use the bundled tcl tarball
> instead of the tcl package I have installed (tcl8.5 with its accompanying dev
> package), which leads to

Nope, that's certainly not the problem, since using the bundled Tcl works
perfectly for me.

> gcc -shared -O3 -g -march=amdfam10 -ftracer -std=c99 -Wextra -Wall -pedantic
> macports.o get_systemconfiguration_proxies.o sysctl.o -o MacPorts.so
> -L/home/bertin/work/src/Scratch/MacPorts-2.3.3/vendor/tcl8.5.15/unix
> -ltclstub8.5   -framework CoreFoundation -framework SystemConfiguration
> gcc-4.9.real: error: CoreFoundation: No such file or directory
> gcc-4.9.real: error: SystemConfiguration: No such file or directory
> gcc-4.9.real: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-framework’
> gcc-4.9.real: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-framework’

I think you are missing the gnustep foundation libs and some other packages. The
MacPorts configure script should automatically figure out the right flags to pass
for this linking step, and -framework CoreFoundation -framework SystemConfiguration
are definitely not the right flags - something went wrong at the configure level.

> Is there a way to skip using those bundled packages (I also have tcl-thread
> installed, same version as the one bundled)?

No, and it's not supported.

--
Clemens Lang