{distfiles,packages,rsync,trac}.macports.org are back up (eom)

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Fri Nov 28 04:52:48 PST 2014

> On Nov 27, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
> Out of curiosity, why this sudden instability?

Are the servers actually going down, or are they just "unreachable?"

I wonder if this is a Net problem - i.e. is there a denial of service attack taking place against someone.

I'm a Comcast customer and have been seeing a "server unknown" problem with a couple of sites I frequent over the past 10 days.
It seems as if Comcast has "re-routed" traffic -- one wiki I edit frequently, is suddenly only 14 hops away again -- not the 20+ that it had been.
I have no idea how Comcast routes its routers DNS traffic, and haven't looked.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com