Problem with cssh

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 15:50:27 PDT 2014

On Sunday October 12 2014 18:37:14 Brandon Allbery wrote:

> > Can't connect to display `tmp/launch-KZPKti/org.macosforge.xquartz:0':

> Looks like it "knows too much" about what X $DISPLAY looks like and is
> tripping over the launchd socket (specifically, removing the leading
> slash). This is a sadly common bug; programs should not make assumptions

Do this weird kind of $DISPLAY specifications exist outside of OS X? I remember having tripped over it myself in my early days on 10.6 (or was it 10.4?), but nowadays XQuartz (thank goodness) uses a normal host:display:screen syntax.
Sadly I can't even remember if that's because I toggled some kind of setting, or because XQuartz (the standalone, not the MacPorts one) simply dropped the contrived spec.

R.