database install point-no destroot

Robert Broome robert.broome at softhome.net
Tue Oct 14 13:56:45 PDT 2014

I am troubleshooting a problem with my macport installation:

On Oct 14, 2014, at 07:57, Robert Broome wrote:

> thanks.
> I am afraid that didn't fix all the problems:
>
> --->  Installing coreutils @8.23_1
> Error: org.macports.install for port coreutils returned: sqlite error: database disk image is malformed (11) while executing query: INSERT INTO registry.files (id, path, mtime, active) VALUES (?, ?, 0, 0)
> Please see the log file for port coreutils for details:
>   /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_sysutils_coreutils/coreutils/main.log
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> Any ideas? can I rebuild the database?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Robert

A crash or disk error at the wrong time (and place) could explain much. The more interesting question is how to rebuild the database without having to reinstall all ports!

Robert: your best bet may be to restore the latest snapshot from *before* your last selfupdate from a TimeMachine (or other) backup, and try again from there.
If all else fails you can try a `port installed requested` and reinstall from scratch following the same instructions that also apply for upgrading MacPorts after an OS upgrade. That is, if your database is not so damaged that it can no longer provide the list of ports you installed explicitly ...

R.

I am looking for the database that needs to be restored. I found this:

/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry/db

is that the one that I should restore?

Thanks again,
Robert