Yosemite, XCode 6.1?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 14:24:33 PDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Gregory Shenaut <gkshenaut at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> And I note that in the cmake log, it appears to require the
> MacOSX10.10.sdk, which is a component of XCOde 6.1.
>
> I could download a pre-release version of XCode 6.1 from the Apple site,
> but it seems odd to me that the ports won't compile with the released
> version of XCode.
>
> My questions: (1) does the warning have anything to do with the cmake
> issue? (2) do I have to install XCode 6.1? (3) Or should I search for a
> copy of MacOSX10.10.sdk and just install it?

cmake won't work with the command line tools 6.1 which you should have
gotten already; it roots around inside of Xcode.app. good luck changing
that behavior. cmake will remain broken until someone figures out a way to
make it use the CLT or Apple releases Xcode 6.1.

(And in case it is not clear, this is not something MacPorts did to cmake.)