Yosemite, XCode 6.1?

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Sun Oct 19 06:58:00 PDT 2014

> On Oct 19, 2014, at 12:50 AM, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
>
> In article <F763BD5F-40F8-4B30-9A3A-2D7628A09687 at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>,
> Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Its quite simple, you need the OSX 10.10 SDK, which is only available in
>> Xcode 6.1, which for whatever reason is not released yet. You need to wait
>> for it....
>
> The reason, I think, is that Xcode 6.0.x was released to support iOS 8
> when iOS 8 was released so it does not include an OS X 10.10 SDK since
> 10.10 wasn't released at that point yet.  Xcode 6.1 will support iOS 8.1
> which apparently is anticipated to release on Monday 10/20 US time so I
> would expect to see Xcode 6.1 released via the Mac App Store then as
> well.
>
> Apparently, Apple decided (somewhat understandably) that it wasn't worth
> the effort to rev bump Xcode 6.0.x just to include a 10.10 SDK just for
> the four days between the release of 10.10 and the release of 8.1 and
> they didn't want to publicly pre-release an 8.1 SDK.  Thus we're in this
> weird limbo state - unless you are a member of one of the (paid) Apple
> Developer programs that give non-disclosure access to pre-releases.  Why
> Apple chose to not release 10.10 and 8.1 simultaneously may never be
> known but it could just be they didn't want to overload the Interwebz
> and/or their support organizations.

The truly annoying thing is that 6.0.1 was released along with 10.10 -- and a comment
that it "supported" 10.10.
Where the definition of "supported" means -- will run under 10.10; but does NOT
provide 10.10 tools!

Most annoying.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.10
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.10 OSX Server (now dead)

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com