Cannot get gimp app running

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Oct 31 18:54:01 PDT 2014

> On 1 Nov 2014, at 3:00 am, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
>
> Before upgrading to Yosemite, MacPorts v2.3.2 and Xcode 6.1, GIMP app was
> accessible by icons at the Applications Folder and the Launch Pad, and by
> the contextual menu. After the upgrade, none of these options is shown.
>
> The gimp2 port and all its dependencies are apparently correctly installed
> and active.
>
> Ports that ?as far as I know? never had shown an access icon (Inkscape,
> FreeCAD) can be launched typing its name on a Terminal window.
>
> I cannot get the gimp app running.
>
> The outcome of a Spotlight search for gimp2 gives a series of results that
> I do not know how to interpret. Maybe you can advise me. Thank you.

I was debating a ‘me too’ reply since it works for me, but looking in the Apps directory shock, horror, gasp it is indeed not there! I always <right click> open with gimp and have never noticed it NOT in apps. Platypus is a nice launcher creator. For the record: yosemite, macports, gimp.
If you do not like the linux way of handling the menu then the sourceforge version of gimp is native and does install a launcher.
James