Cannot get gimp app running

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 19:01:14 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> I was debating a ‘me too’ reply since it works for me, but looking in the
> Apps directory shock, horror, gasp it is indeed not there! I always <right
> click> open with gimp and have never noticed it NOT in apps. Platypus is a
> nice launcher creator. For the record: yosemite, macports, gimp.

To be fair, one thing you lose by going the Platypus route is that it can't
easily handle the full scope of Finder integration; you can. for example,
set it up to handle dropped files (without checking for valid file types),
but you can't really associate image files with it properly without
manually editing the Info.plist it creates. gimp-app handles that kind of
stuff.