clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:36:08 PDT 2014

On Friday September 05 2014 11:23:45 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> From what I recall, Snow Leopard doesn't have a C++11 runtime. You may have to install the libcxx port manually; clang-3.4 and earlier don't pull it in automatically.

No, indeed it doesn't. I keep mixing up runtime and shared libraries linked at link time ... :)

> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34288
>
> Double-check with Jeremy, though.

I hope he'll notice this exchange, and/or jump on the remark I left at the above ticket about libcxx build dependencies.

I wonder though, that ticket has discussion about how runtimes will be removed from the gcc ports, but I have been building kdevelop-git with gcc-4.8 and running it successfully (apart from crashes not occurring on Linux, which is the reason I wanted to try with clang).

R.