kdevelop 4.7 and beyond (was: clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Sep 5 19:41:42 PDT 2014

On Sep 5, 2014, at 4:54 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> So that leaves macports-gcc-4.8 and higher ... I wonder if some of the crashes I've seen are due to using an outdated C++ runtime;

Judging from your comments, your crashes are probably caused because you're mixing up C++ runtime libraries. Binaries compiled with MacPorts' gcc48 use libgcc's libraries. Binaries compiled with Xcode's compiler will use the system libraries. If these binaries try to exchange objects in any fashion, you'll have trouble.

vq